Some benefits of Buqi
- release physical tension
- release emotional tension
- create mental stillness
- alleviate stress
- encourage more expression or being-ness
- generates 'presence'
- increase in vitality
- bringing ease to an uncomfortable body
- a feedback tool via the practitioner
- deep relaxation
- shift to another level in training
- organise movement patterns, ie during re-schooling or re-training
- change restriction and weakness
- promote self-healing
- vitalise at a cellular level
For the horse in movement...
strength - the horse will become increasingly 'grounded' and 'stable',
thereby having more access to the 'earth force' which thereby will generate
more 'push' from the ground providing more aligned ' power' going through the
alignment - the release of 'held-tension' will allow the horse to become
increasingly aligned through the spine and the limbs. This reduction of
'parasitic tension' helps efficiency of limb flight and the transference of
forces through the loaded limb.
joint flexibility - the ligaments become more flexible and muscle fibres
are released bringing about a greater movement range and flexibility of the
whole horse. To the horse the joints feel more elastic and supportive.
integrity of the whole body - the horse literally 'joins up', areas of the
body that have 'opted out' of the movement process are re-engaged and
previously overused areas are recovered. The horse becomes more comfortable
'as a whole'.
For the horse in being...
Regular sessions markedly encourage the ongoing release of tensions from
an ever deeper level. Horses that have had regular sessions have shown to gain:
presence - the horse becomes more 'connected with self' or more self-assured.
The horse literally exudes more 'life force' or vitality which even onlookers
or laymen see. They seem to gain a greater 'aura'
around them. This essence or grandeur is something
to be nurtured and developed for brilliance and expression.
With insightful use:
it is a way of listening to horses - the Buqi session can
be a valuable feedback tool. The session may reveal areas in the body that are
struggling, that are releasing, that need strengthening, etc. The feedback from
the horse's demeanor, responses and reactions can provide a variety of clues
about what is going on for the horse within the stage of development he is
For the horse in health...
Buqi is being used therapeutically for horses:
- to alleviate the everyday stresses of living in a false housing and
- to alleviate the stresses created by our man-made requirements
- to increase our own awareness of the impacts of daily stresses on the
- to alleviate the symptoms of chronic health conditions - recurring colic
(dependant on cause), arthritis, degenerating joints, etc
- to assist the self- healing processes of horses recovering from injury, operation or manipulation
- to recover from extreme physical or emotional stress - i.e. rescue horses, long distance travel, etc
- as a preventative to the onset of 'dis-ease'
- for the stiff and contracted horse (emotionally and physically)
- for the older horse